Our shop will likely remain open for the next foreseeable future, as we sell food.
It is really important to keep selling our Canadian artisan cheeses to help keep these small-scale cheesemakers and, in turn, all the family farms that they support by buying their milk from them.
We feel great urgency to help keep this production chain, if slowly, at least moving.
WE ARE OPEN!
Along with several other Mill Street businesses, PECHES & POIVRE IS OPEN. We have reduced our schedule to Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Also, we are temporarily offering FREE DELIVERY within Almonte and a 10 km radius of Almonte, along with points between Almonte and Clayton.
You can call us (613) 256-5764, email us firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on our website. Tuesday through Saturday we will respond within 24 hours (if not within a few minutes!). We want to continue serving our community in as safe a way as we can while keeping some sense of normalcy throughout this crisis.
With the impending ban of single use plastics by the federal government, and with all the information on their impact on our environment, many folks are looking for alternatives in their daily lives
We all can do small things that can create a big impact for our environment and one of them is to replace single use plastic by something that is not only practical, but beautiful as well! The Beeswax wrappers can be used anywhere plastic wrap or baggies are used. Wrap cheese, half a lemon, a crusty loaf of bread, or fruits and vegetables, cover a bowl, or pack a snack, and more.
We like to encourage Canadian companies. In our research we stumbled on Abeego Beeswax Wrapper from Victoria, and like their approach. Toni, the founder, researched and experimented with a variety of all-natural ingredients to invent an alternative food wrap, one that is breathable, reusable, and inspired by nature’s lemon peel.
What we like about Abeego Beeswax Wrappers:
- made from materials you can feel good about: bee’s wax, jojoba oil, tree resin, and organic cotton.
- It’s reusable. Once you’re done with your wrap, just wash it with gentle soap and cool water
- Helps keep food fresh for a long time; anti-bacterial and antifungal.
- Self-adhesive and air resistant. Only requires the warmth and pressure of your hands to mold and shape.
- Abeego lasts a year or longer with good care.
- A goodbye you feel good about! It’s biodegradable and compostable, or it can be used as fire starters for campfires, BBQs or wood stoves, cut into garden ties or let your imagination run wild.
Something exciting is happening at Pêches et Poivre. What is it? Can you guess?
Priecigas Lieldienas! Joyeuse Pâques! Happy Easter
Demonstrations at Peches & Poivre, Saturday, April 20, 2019
Being the first born in Canada of Latvian parents, I grew up learning some of the traditions of Latvian culture. One of them is the special way in which eggs are dyed for Easter.
Read More “Easter Eggs – Latvian Style”