Attention caramel lovers, Shamrock Gardens Spiced Pumpkin Caramel sauce is back in the store!!!!!!! It is the best when it’s time to make a traditional fall desert like Apple Crisp. So yummy!
We took a little trip to a Hall’s apple orchard this past weekend and with Shamrock Gardens Spiced Pumpkin Caramel Sauce in store it’s a no brainer….
Time for a scrumptious Apple Crisp!
- 6 apples, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup Shamrock Gardens Spiced Pumpkin Caramel sauce
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, diced into small cubes
- pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Butter an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, add chopped apples, granulated sugar, 3/4 tsp of the cinnamon, the Spiced Pumpkin Caramel sauce and lemon juice. Stir to combine, then transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add topping ingredients (brown sugar, oats, flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, salt, and diced cold butter). Use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the oat mixture, using a slight downward twisting motion, until mixture resembles pea-sized crumbs. Alternatively, you can use two forks or even your hands to cut butter into the mixture.
- Spread topping over apples in baking dish, and gently pat to even it out. Bake 40-50 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
The recipe tells us to add chopped apples, granulated sugar, 3/4 tsp of the cinnamon, and so on. How much granulated sugar is needed? It’s not listed in the ingredients. Only brown sugar is listed and that’s for the topping.
We don’t add much, the caramel sauce is already sweet enough. I would taste it and adjust to taste.