It’s BBQ season and what better for meat lovers than a good steak cooked on the BBQ! Now! Cook some extra because this salad recipe using leftover steak is fantastic!
BBQ SEASON, YAY!!! We love to cook on the BBQ, we love the smokey flavours, the freshness of the ingredients, and the pure pleasure of cooking outside. At times we cook extra for our lunches or to prepare another meal. One of our favorite salads is Steak Salad with Tarragon-Mustard Vinaigrette.
This salad is so easy to make and so tasty. In fact we love this salad so much that we cook an extra piece of steak.
Here how to prepare it
Prep time: ~10 minutes – ~4 servings
1 pound leftover grilled steak, preferably flatiron, flank, or skirt steak
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1.5 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- ½ cup good quality olive oil
- 8 cups mixed fresh greens
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 8 sprigs fresh tarragon leaves, stems discarded
- 1 cup (6 ounces) crumbled goat cheese (feta works very well)
- Remove steak from refrigerator ~ 30 minutes before serving. Thinly slice the steak across the grain on a bias.
- In a medium bowl combine the garlic, ginger, vinegar, and salt, and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes. Then whisk in the mustard and tarragon. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- In a large bowl toss the greens with 2 or 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Arrange the greens on separate plates and distribute the onion and tarragon leaves over the greens. Arrange the steak slices on top of each salad, and spoon some vinaigrette over the meat (you may not need all of it). Sprinkle the cheese on top.