With spring cleaning on the horizon, there is an eco friendly tool available that is fantastic: The Swedish Dishcloth! It is a sustainable alternative to sponge and paper towels.
These little wonders were invented by a Swedish engineer in 1949 and are made of 70% cellulose and 30% cotton. I love that they super absorbant and leave the countertop, stainless appliances, and granite counters almost streak free. Well, there are even more reasons why I love them and use them:
- Eco friendly and compostable
- Durable: they last for 12 months
- One Swedish Dishcloth replaces 17 rolls of paper towels.
- They’re more sanitary than sponges – they dry out more quickly
- Absorbs 15 times its weight in water
- Can be cleaned up to 200 times in the washing machine or top rack of dishwasher
- It is 100% natural and printed with water based inks.
- They are a cheap option to paper towels
- They come in different fun patterns and colours
- The best quality Swedish dishcloths are made in Sweden and can be bleached (even with printed patterns)
So what are you waiting for? Ditch the sponge and paper towels!