Solving the problem of what to drink when you are not drinking? Whether you are the designated driver, or you don’t drink alcohol or you have guests that wish not to drink, there is an excellent, wonderful new option now available. New in Canada, Seedlip is a spirit, distilled using trendy botanicals, that is sugar free, sweetener free and has no calories or artificial flavors. Try crafting them in any variety of teas, mixers, or drinks.
Ben Branson, a former ad agency executive and gentleman farmer from the north of England, created two intensely aromatic flavours of the smooth, botanical-based, copper-pot distillates:
Seedlip Garden 108 (a green, grassy floral blend with top notes of sweet peas and hay) and Seedlip Spice 94 (a warm and citrusy spice blend with a long-lingering cardamom and all-spice berry finish). These spirits are designed to mimic the versatility of a spirit base (without the alcohol burn or buzz).
Best served with tonic or in martini-style drinks, Seedlip is set to turn the non-alcoholic cocktail world on its head.
If you prefer more elaborate drinks, following are some recipes:
Seedlip Garden Sour
See all Seedlip cocktail recipes here
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar
For the Drink
- 2 ounces Seedlip Spice 94
- 0.7 ounces rasberry shrub
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 Meyer lemon
- Make the raspberry shrub: Combine the rasberries, apple cider vinegar, and sugar in a medium-sized bowl or jar. Muddle the ingredients until the raspberries resemble a thick pulp. Cover the bowl or jar and let sit overnight in a cool place.
- Make the cocktail: Add ice cubes to a mixing glass (or other large enough tumbler or glass you have). Add the raspberry shrub, and Seedlip Spice 94. Stir for 60 seconds and then strain into your drinking vessel of choice. Garnish with a twist of Meyer lemon (a regular lemon, works, too. Or no garnish at all!).
Can I order the Seedlip beverages on-line?
I love your store, but I’m four hours away.