We have some tasty new products made by artisans located here in Almonte, in Kingston, and, in Toronto.
The Sauce Stop, Almonte, Ontario
Marcel is the cook behind his Almonte-made hot sauces and Almonte’s graphic artist and children’s book illustrator, Sam Hamilton, created the playful imaginative labels for these flavourful sauces. Marcel’s main goal was to create sauces that would please the spice-lover while retain the distinct flavours and characteristics of the ingredients.
- Hot Bonnet: made with Scotch Bonnet peppers that provide a great deal of heat but where the carrots bring a touch of sweetness. Great to spice up any of your dishes.
- Southern Siesta: made of slow cooked Poblano and Chipotle peppers that give out deep rich flavours and a smoky finish. You can add it to chili or as a dipping sauce for quesadillas.
- Triple Threat: made from Jalapeno, Poblano and long green Chilies that provides a complex taste that almost makes you forget about the heat. This combination of peppers results in a sweetness and depth of flavours unlike any other sauce.
Cooks Gourmet, Kingston, Ontario
Cook’s Gourmet makes gourmet food for everyday meals and for entertaining. Take a look at a jar of Cooks tapas or tapenade; you will see a colourful blend of contents that screams appetizing! Their products are great for BBQ, pasta and rice dishes, and, as appetizers. They offer tapas and tapenades for your pleasure.
- Tapenades are an olive-based spread common in Mediterranean cuisine. The most traditional recipe involves only a few ingredients, including black olives, caper berries, olive oil, and anchovies that are mashed together into a thick paste. This old European recipe of olives can be used as an appetizer on bread, to dress a bowl of spaghetti, to marinate meats, to grill steak or fish, or to add to vegetables. Olives and cheese are also a natural compliment. Cooks tapenades are vegetarian/vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free.
- Tapas are a variety of small savoury Spanish dishes, often served as a snack with drinks, or with other tapas as a meal. Spanish food, and especially tapas, is based on simple methods and the imaginative use of seasonal vegetables and local ingredients. There are no ‘specific to tapas’ ingredients. Unlike tapenades, Cooks tapas do not contain olives. Used as appetizers with cheese, crackers or to marinate meats or fish, and also with pasta, couscous, rice or quinoa.
Summer Kitchen, Toronto, Ontario
Summer-Kitchen is headed and managed by award-winning chef Mary Fabiano, who launched Summer Kitchen’s initial signature products. Mary creates recipes with incredible flavour and has produced a line of dressings, marinades, and condiments of exceptional quality.
Among them we have in store the Spicy Korean Citrus which transforms plain vegetables, stir-fries, grilled meats or seafood into tantalizing dishes, the Savoury Ginger Dressing and the Oishii Miso Japanese Sauce, a true taste of Japanese for your salads, vegetables, noodles, fish and meats.
We also offer 3 of Mary’s condiments: the Sweet Horseradish which complements any cheese, meat or seafood dish and adds a zest to marinades and vinaigrettes, the Caramelized Onion, a richly flavoured condiment for beef, pork, chicken and vegetables, and the Cranberry Conserve with Port & Pecans to enjoy with turkey, veal or pork. It also pairs well with cheese and would make an ideal dessert topping.